Locally Owned. Consciously Operated.
CALL, TEXT OR EMAIL

541-302-5999

info@alternativerealtor.com

Carbon Monoxide ~ Silent, Odorless and Deadly

Carbon Monoxide ~ Silent, Odorless and Deadly

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photo by JOY of Papa Plumbing

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, colorless, odorless, gas created when fuels (such as gasoline, wood, coal, natural gas, propane, oil, and methane) burn incompletely.   In the home, heating and cooking equipment (that burn fuel) can be sources of carbon monoxide.   It is often called the Silent Killer

It is important to follow these precautions against Carbon Monoxide poisoning and leaks in your home:

  • CO alarms should be installed in a central location outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home. For the best protection, interconnect all CO alarms throughout the home.
  • Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for placement and mounting height.
  • Test CO alarms at least once a month; replace them according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
  • If the CO alarm sounds, immediately move to a fresh air location, such as outdoors. Make sure everyone inside the home is accounted for. Call for help from a fresh air location and stay there until emergency personnel arrive.
  • Do not run a vehicle or other fueled engine or motor indoors, even if garage doors are open.
  • A generator should be used in a well-ventilated location outdoors away from windows, doors and vent openings.
  • Gas and charcoal grills can produce CO. Only use them outside.

Source: Eugene – Local News
Carbon Monoxide

 

BACK

Looking for an Edge?

Exhausted your search in ZillowTM and TruliaTM?


Our agents have strong relationships within the Real Estate Community and we want you to take advantage of that.

Please sign up here if you want to know about properties before they hit the market.

Eugene's Alternative - REALTORS

35 E. 8th Ave
Eugene, Oregon 97401

Office: 541-302-5999
info@alternativerealtor.com
realtor-logorealtor-logo